Monday, December 8, 2008

Dad's Birthday


 
Well, I thought I couldn't let today go by without wishing my Dad a happy Birthday. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars that I have such an amazing Dad. I have so many great fun memories of camping, boating, running. One of my favorite memories is riding my bike with him running beside me. My bike was to big for me so whenever we had to stop to cross a street he would run up to the side of me and hold my seat so I didn't tip over. Then when it was time for us to cross he would give me a little push and we were off again. Anytime I would see him at one of my cross country races I would somehow kick it into another gear and start passing people because I wanted him to be proud of me!! He is such a hard worker. I remember going in to the office and having him be so patient and teaching me data entry and ten key. He would say I don't care how long it takes you to add up these numbers but don't look at your fingers. Thanks to him, I got pretty dang good at it!! He has taught me to be honest, work hard, and appreciate the things that are really important in life. As you can see from the pictures he's also a great Grandpa to my kids. I love my Dad more than I could ever say!!! Happy Birthday Dad!!!
P.S. It is also my brother Dave's Birthday. Pretty cool that they can share this day..and the day wouldn't be complete if I didn't wish him a Happy Birthday too!! Hope you have a great day Dave. Fortunately for you I haven't taken lots of pictures of you...I'll have to fix that for next time. Happy Birthday!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dave and Kristin said...

Thanks for wishing me a happy bday. And for the birthday call

We love you guys
Dave Kris & Gracie