Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

We had such a great Christmas season this year. The kids are at such a cute age and have been so excited. Mark and I kept telling ourselves that this was a good thing, there's only a small window when Christmas is so magical and wonderous. I honestly don't think they could have asked how many more days any more. But, when all the excitement was said and done on Christmas Eve we all sat down and talked about what Christmas was really about!! Grandma and Grandpa spent the night Christmas Eve. We had steak, shrimp, artichokes, and huge crab legs. Braxton was in HEAVEN!! His Dad was kindof excited too!!
Christmas morning was adorable!! We saved the best for last. We had a present under the tree that didn't have a tag. When all the presents were open we told the kids to gather around it and if they could guess who the present was for they could open it. Then the doorbell rang and our amazing neighbors (I have to include his wife too) brought over the newest member of our family Beau!! He is a 2 year old Lhasa Apso. The kids have been begging for a dog for so long.....well since we had the last 1 or 2 but who's counting right? Anyway, I think our family finally found the dog for us!! We decided we would let someone else train him and get him through the puppy stage and then we would take over. Maycee let out a blood curdling scream and the other kids just sat there with big eyes and giggled. They LOVE him!! He is such a good dog. Welcome to the family Beau!!

6 comments:

THE SCHREIBER'S said...

Hey Sista! Way to go speedy! You put your blog up fast....With ALL your free time Im sure! I love the slide show. I think my favorite was Haylee's snow angel! But I loved them all. Your Dog is adorable! I loved having the entire family together it was so neat! We love you guys and feel so lucky to call your family our family!
The Schreiber Clan

Pyatt said...

Hey what a fun Christmas for you guys!! I bet the kids were so excited. Hopefully he doesn't chew up your yard...remember that???? We love you guys! Happy New Year

Lindsey said...

How fun! Rian would have died if we got a dog! She asks for one all the time! And that's the best Christmas Eve dinner I've ever heard of! I would've been in heaven too! I'm glad you had a great Christmas! Happy New Years!

Dave and Kristin said...

I love your slide show pics! All your kids are so cute. That's so cool you guys surprised them with a dog, you and Mark are pretty awesome parents. It was great seeing you, Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

You have the cutest kids!!!! What a fun Christmas, I think I am lov'in that little Beau... I can't wait to meet him... and neither can our kids!
We just love you guys
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You guys sure are fancy with your fancy steak, shrimp and king crab leg dinner. I don't think my kids even know that crab legs are food! It was so fun seeing you guys. I'm glad we have another excuse to see you next month.